Process to become a Chartered Accountant
Stage 1: CA- CPT
Enroll with the ICAI for CA CPT Course after passing class 10th examination. However exam for CA CPT can be given only when student has either cleared Class 12th or has at least appeared in Class 12th Exams. Students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be.
Stage 2: CA- IPCC
Enroll with ICAI for CA IPCC after passing CA CPT exam. However direct entry to IPCC can also be done if student is a graduate (any stream).
Undergo two class room trainings conducted by ICAI, 1. one week Orientation Programme 2. ITT Course of 100 hours Students are advised to undergo Orientation Programme and complete 100 hours ITT at the earliest but these are to be completed compulsorily before commencement of article ship.
Appear in CA IPCC exam on completion of 8 months of study course as on first day of the month in which the examination is to be held. Join articled training after passing either Group I or Both Groups of Intermediate (IPC) Course.
Undergo First General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) course (15 days) during the first year of articled training.
Undergo Second General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) course (15 days) after completion of 18 months of articled training but before completion of articled training.
Clear Group II of Intermediate (IPC) Examination if not done earlier.
Stage 3: CA- Final
After passing both groups of CA IPCC register for Final course with ICAI
Complete Advance Information Technology Training during the third year of practical training but before appearing in the Final Examination Complete articled training of 3 years. Appear in the final examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6 months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the examination is to be held.
Pass final examination and complete GMCS II, if not completed earlier.
Enroll as a member of the ICAI and be designate as a Chartered Accountant.
The Company Secretary (CS) is a professional course which is conducted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). To become a Company Secretary, the candidates need to pass the Foundation Programme, Executive Programme, and Professional Programme.The role of a Company Secretary is that of an advisor for legal matters. If a company goes public, then the management of the public issue falls under the ambit of a Company Secretary. All legalities involved with inter-corporate investments and loans are looked after by a Company Secretary.It is mandatory to appoint a Company Secretary in every company having Paid up share capital of Rs. 5 crores or more. So the Law gives more avenue to a company secretary to get a job in Corporate World
Stage 1: CS FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
• Passed the senior secondary examination or equailent from recognized board(XII Pass) of any stream Commerce, Science or Arts
• Completed 17 years of age
• 8 months after XII
• For December 2016 examination-31ST MARCH 2016
• For June 2017 examination-30TH SEPTEMBER 2016
NoteExaminations Held Twice – June & December.
Stage 2: CS EXECUTIVE PROGRAMME
• Passed the CS foundation Programme
• 8 months after Foundation Programme
• DECEMBER ATTEMPT(both modules)-28thFEBRUARY
• DECEMBER ATTEMPT(Single module)-31stMAY
• JUNE ATTEMPT(Both Modules)-31STAUGUST
• JUNE ATTEMPT(Single Module)-30th NOVEMBER
Total Subjects-6(Two Modules)
EXAMINATIONS HELD TWICE-JUNE & DECEMBER
• Passed the CS ExecutiveProgramme
• 8 months after ExecutiveProgramme
Total Subjects-9(Three Modules)
Note:Passing Criteria – 50% Aggregate and 40% Individually-in each Subjects.
• The Chartered Financial Analyst Degree in US is awarded by the CFA Institute, US.
• To attain degree, Candidate has to clear 3 levels.
Recognized in more than 138 countries.
• Student studying in final year of his graduation or those who are employed executives. Students with professional qualifications such as CA, CWA, M.S. (Finance), M.A. (Economics), M.S. (Accounting), M. Sc. (Stats) and MBA (Finance) are eligible to get waivers from some papers of the CFA course.
Enrollment & Exam
Candidate has to undergo 3 levels
1. Level 1 (held in June & Dec Every Year).
2. Level 2 (Held in June Only).
3. Level 3 (Held in June Only).
To become member of this institute, a candidate should clear all the 3 levels and have 4 year work experience.
Multiple Choice Exam with 3 options to each Question. 240 Questions to be completed in 6 hours (2 sessions of 3 hours each). No Negative Marking.
20 Case Study of 6 Questions to be completed in 6 hours (2 sessions of 3 hours) comprising 10 case study each. No negative Marking.
Essay type Questions and 10 case study in 6 hours of 2 sessions. No negative Marking.
• Probability Theory
• Time Value of money
• Portfolio Related Calculation
• Micro Economics
• Macro Economics
(including international economics, mainly related to currency conversions and how they are affected by international interest rates and inflation By Level III, the focus is on applying economic analysis to portfolio management and asset allocation)
• Corporate Finance
• Capital Structure Policy
• Dividend Policy
• Merger & Acquisition
• Corporate Governance
• Business & Financial Risk
Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Financial Reporting
• International Financial Reporting Standards
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Alternative Investments
• Equity Hedge Funds
• Modern Portfolio Theory
• Asset Allocation
• Measurement of Investor Performance
CFA is strongly recommended for people those have keen interest in analytic and Financial sectors. Highly recommended for commerce graduates and working professionals those wish to build their career globally.
Full form of (ACCA) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification (ACCA or FCCA).ACCA is the global body for professional accountants with more than 162,000 members, 8500 approved employers and 428,000 students in 173 countries. It also has a network of over 89 offices and centers across the world. Its headquarters are located in Glasgow, United kingdom. It offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
Stage 1_Diploma Program ( 3 Papers)
1. F1 Accountant in Business (AB)
2. F2 Management Accounting (MA)
3. F3 Financial Accounting (FA)
Stage 2_Advance Diploma Program (6 Papers)
4. F4 Corporate and Business Law (CL)
5. F5 Performance Management (PM)
6. F6 Taxation (TX)
7. F7 Financial Reporting (FR)
8. F8 Audit and Assurance (AA)
9. F9 Financial Management (FM)
Stage 3_Degree Program (5 Papers)
1. P1 Professional Accountant (PA)
2. P2 Corporate Reporting (CR)
3. P3 Business Analysis (BA) OPTIONS (two to be completed)
1. P4 Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
2. P5 Advanced Performance Management (APM)
3. P6 Advanced Taxation (ATX)
4. P7 Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
Entry into the program
Student from Class XIth can enroll into the program and can appear for Diploma Program ( 3 papers) with the completion of Class XIIth. Exemption of Papers for students completed the below mentioned qualification.
* B.Com : 4 papers
* BBA : 1 papers
* MBA : 3 papers
* CA – IPCC : 8 papers
* CA : 6 Papers Documents to be needed :-
1. Documents verifying name & DOB- Photo copy of 10th & 12th Marksheet
2. For graduate and above- Respective copy of the degree
3. ID Proof for home address – Photo copy of Aadhar Card/passport/DL.
4. Contact no. and email ID FEES Structure :-
1. Registration Fee – Rs.8250
2.Annual Subscription Charges – Rs.8925 /- (Annually)
3.Examination Fee – Rs.2000 /- before the exam,Rs.5500/- on the day of Exams.Total Fee Rs.7500/-